[TenTec] TEN-TEC 525 ANALOG

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC 525 ANALOG
From: "JOHN H. LEWIS" <k4kazjohn@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:47:58 -0500 (EST)

Folks, please help me with a little problem I have with my 525 analog.

I picked this up some time back and it seemed to work OK.  I made a good
contact on 75 meters.  I moved my shack to another room and this radio sat
unused for about 6 months.  I decided to hook it back up ...and got poor audio.
 I checked my antenna with a visual inspection from the ground, and all
appeared well.  To shorten the story, the problem was with the antenna.  The
center pin had pulled out but I couldn't see this from the ground  .....but no
problem when I saw the lead-in lying on the ground a few days later.

But, before this discovery, I took the top and bottom covers off of the 525 and
loosened and retightened all screws ...and unplugged/replugged all plugs I
could see.  Now, I thought the little 525 was OK  ...but the 75 meter band is
requiring reception in the reverse mode (SB-R) instead of normal (SB-N).  The
40 meter band is not quite up-to-snuff either.  20 meters is great!  Did I
replug something wrong?  I think I unplugged/plugged each, one at a time. What
the heck is going on here and what is the remedy?  Help, please.

John-K4KAZ