Re: [TenTec] Replacment cw filter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Replacment cw filter
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:37:49 -0600
Hello Marty,

Having the same problem you did trying to find a 245 for a 544 I bought,
used the 245 from my 540 as a pattern.  All the components are still
available, so had a PCB fabricated using my 245 as a pattern.  Did a less
than perfect job of duplication, had to redrill holes for the 7 vector pins
used to connect the board to the rig.
A lot of time and trouble for what might just as easily be accomplished
using an outboard audio filter, just to prove to myself that could do it.

Anyway, it works perfectly, just same as the 245 in my 540.  It isn't very
complex, just two dual op-amps and some resistors and caps.  Somewhere I
have the TT documentation, pictures, parts list, schematic, pattern of the
PCB.

Building one on vector board is certainly feasible, and maybe easier than
dealing with a PCB.

GL & 73, Curt