Re: [TenTec] "The End of Ten-Tec" (Yeah, Right)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "The End of Ten-Tec" (Yeah, Right)
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:39:29 -0600
For the past 20 years, most of the time my main rig has been a Ten-Tec, be
it Omni Vx or Orion - with an occasional short-lived exception.
But my mobile rig has always been a JA rig.
Now Ten-Tec has that corner of the market covered too.

Well done, Ten-Tec.

At this point in my forever changing life, I will move back to Germany where
we have smaller homes and I will surely have a tiny little shack.  I'm
grateful for a small rig like the Eagle.
To be honest, I had already bought a K3 for this purpose and would have been
quite happy with it, but then the Eagle suddenly appeared, and after having
both in the shack for one month, I sold the K3.

I think the Eagle as is was the perfect niche product for Ten-Tec,
considering the rest of its current product portfolio.

However, if I could define my perfect rig, I would want something similar to
what you described, except it doesn't have to be so big as the OM6.  The
size of the OM7 is big enough.  I would want maximum one or two more knobs
and one or two more roofing filters.  But what the heck.  The Eagle is great
as it is!

73
Rick