Re: [TenTec] Eagle vs any other

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle vs any other
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:26:28 -0500
> Your problem is you aren't operating the right mode.  Start reading here:

                Funny you should mention operating AM mode....

                I frequently participate in an afternoon AM net, using my
                Omni VII with no outboard processing, and they guys
                say my rig sounds great - like I am I am running tubes.

                Any my dumb old vertical antenna works swell on 80 m AM.
                I can usually reach everyone, and I am located farther away
                from the rest of the group than most - so something is
                working right in spite of the fact I don't have Collins or Drake
                gear, and am using thus dumb ol' antenna.

                It is a nice group of fellers, too.   Some of the friendliest
                hams I have encountered on the air are in that group.

Am I missing something else ?    (serious question ... not an argument.)