[TenTec] Corsair II realignment: DIY?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II realignment: DIY?
From: Andrew Moore <andrew.nv1b@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 13:21:55 -0500
I've got the Corsair II on the bench for a PTO cleaning or possible rebuild.

While I'm at it, I'm considering

a) complete realignment

b) replace any components that may go out of spec due to age
  (would electrolytic caps fall into that category?)

I realize there's also a "don't fix it if it ain't broke" angle but I'm
leaning towards realignment/replacement.

Seeking opinions on a) and b) above.

I don't have a scope, but do have a multimeter, wideband noise generator,
and test oscillator for 20/40/80 meters.  Better off sending it to Ten-Tec
(if they still do this), or do it myself?

Who's "been there done that?"

Thanks,
--Andrew, NV1B
..