Re: [TenTec] ant

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ant
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 05:22:22 +0000
Dave,

Nice to hear from you,  I hope 2011 brings health, prosperity and peace
to you.  I've been mostly a 160, 80 and 40m denizen on CW, chasing
countries on those bands.  I had a broken amp for a spell--even during
the ZL8X operation--but I snagged 'em on nine bands with 100w.

I finally reached the Honor Roll and obtained a 160m DXCC.  I'm just
getting ready to submit enough cards/LOTW credits to take me to 150
countries there.  If the sunspots cooperate, I'll start finishing up the
6m DXCC.

Health problems slowed me up a bit beginning in 2009.  In August of that
year, I went in for a heart cath and was awaiting a bed to open at WVU's
hospital in Morgantown when I had a heart attack in the local hospital.
  I had a couple of stents installed in Morgantown the next day and am
doing fine now.  I've lost weight, stopped smoking two years back, began
walking and started eating right.  I have type II diabetes but it is in
check so that I really don't need my pills to keep my sugar in its
proper range.

I must be aging because I applied for Social Security this past month.
Leila has been with Macy's for nearly ten years now and I'm still
driving her back and forth.

Dick Irving K3FK is back from Tokyo, retired and living near Annapolis,
Maryland.  I speak with him on the phone fairly frequently.

Finally, my L.A. sister's oldest child, Reeve Carney, opens as Peter
Parker/Spiderman on Broadway on February 7. My mother is going to join
my sister on opening night.  You may have seen TV news stories about
some of the accidents which have plagued the production during
rehearsals and preview performances.

How are you doing?

vy 73,

Dave K8MN

On 1/15/2011 03 14, K2DP wrote:
> HI Dave,
>
> How ya doin ' and HNY to you. Haven't heard you on in a while. Hope all
> is ok with you and the family. Still working for Boeing here. Am down in
> Atlanta visiting family for the week.
>
> 73,
> Dave, K2DP

-----