[TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?
From: "Don Jones" <ko7i@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:17:22 -0800
I just picked up a 1st IF 400Hz InRad Filter. Checked my OMNI VI manual and
it says follow the instructions included with the filter.
That helps a lot if you have those instructions. HI HI.
When I purchased my OMNI VI (OPT 3) it had most of the optional filters
installed, except for the narrow CW filter in the 1st IF. My VI does have
the 4 pole InRad CW Roofing filter mod. Selecting the NAR button does
activate the roofing filter.
I am thinking the jumper switch next to the "optional filter" slot is the
key. The jumper shorts two of the three posts together. How should that
jumper be configured when I have a optional filter installed?
Are there any other hidden configuration switches both hardware and/or
programming switches?
Tna & 73,
Don Jones KO7i
Arlington, WA