Re: [TenTec] Under the Dirt...a Diamond!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Under the Dirt...a Diamond!
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:07:27 -0800
Interesting about the HW-9 station, Bill.

I've been thinking about selling mine, given that I have a K1, K2,
FT-817 and QRP+ (which I might sell because I have a ++).
I can appreciate the nostalgia factor, since the HW-9 has come and gone
within my ham lifetime.
To this end, I still have and use a Drake 2-B/2-BQ and the "C Line" twins.

Apparently I can't say that I have a complete HW-9 station.  I forgot
about the speaker.

So, what makes the HW-9 so popular even today, given that there are
newer radios, like the above, with more features?

73 de Jim - AD6CW