Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:59:59 -0600
Yup, I see that. I just searched Mouser and Digi-Key for dual pots and
there weren't many to be had, and none with a quarter inch shaft and
3/8" bushing or 220K like those from Maplin. Those I found had wide
tolerances, like %25 or 35%. Since I know the notch pot in my Corsair II
is noisy and takes some finagling to get audio reliably, I should order
a couple from Maplin one of these days. I hope there isn't a need for
close tracking to make the notch filter work. Please let us know how the
Maplin pot fits. Looks like the shaft will need trimming to length, and
maybe flattening unless the knob is a set screw knob.

73, Jerry, K0CQ