Re: [TenTec] Who is the US Distributor for Cramolin?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Who is the US Distributor for Cramolin?
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:21:47 -0500
I've used the DeoxIT D5 spray. I works great in flashlights and battery
packs. I've had mixed results on the potentiometers in my Paragon; they
always get scratchy again in short order. Maybe it's just the cheesy
pots that Ten-Tec used in the Paragon, which are inferior to the "big"
pots in my Corsair.

How about the CRC "QD Electronic Cleaner":
http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/content/prod_detail.aspx?PN=05103&S=Y

It is readily available in auto parts and some hardware stores.  It is
advertised as no residue and safe for plastics. It is petroleum
distillate and alcohol based.

Then there's WD-40, which I understand is not favored for electronics
because of its residue, but I used it once on an intermittent pushbutton
switch on my Sangean ATS-803A portable receiver and it cured the problem
for good.

                      73,

                     Bob WB2VUF