Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:01:39 -0500
Would it adversely affect its value if one painted the cabinet (not the
face, as it appears it would clean up rather well)  - but it would be
nice to eliminate   that bit of rust lurking and peering out from under
the top panel.

I am not  being critical... it is a fine specimen.   I do know that some
restorations are considered poor form by serious collectors, while
others are not.

So... would a repaint of the cabinet be appropriate for this type of
rig?  (Assume the final result is as close to the original look as
possible.)

Happy Trails.

, but otherwise looks totally original. The case needs some TLC, but