Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair11 serial numbers
From: Andrew Moore <andrew.nv1b@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:07:01 -0500
I've seen a lot of Corsair IIs but never one with a serial number that high
(2722).  I'm guessing it's a relatively late-production one.

You can sometimes get a rough idea by popping the cover and looking at the
date codes on ICs.  Among other things they'll have a YYMM code (or maybe it
was MMYY, can't remember).  Obviously they could be using an older batch of
ICs but chances are the year will correspond roughly to the year of
manufacture (I'd guess), and if you see enough ICs with similar years in the
date codes you'll might have your answer.

But someone on the list will probably come up with a better answer.

73,
--Andrew