[TenTec] Re. Low RTTY Output on Omni VII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re. Low RTTY Output on Omni VII
From: "Gary Grogg" <gwgrogg@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 06:12:57 -0500
I received a new Omni VII for Christmas and have really enjoyed the new rig.
However, a few days ago as I was trying to work RTTY on 15 meters, I noticed
that I could only get around 68 watts out.  When I checked the same was true
for 17, 12, and 10 meters on RTTY only.  It had full output on CW and SSB on
all bands, and full output on RTTY on those above 17 meters.  I put it on a
dummy load and the same.  When I called Ten Tec, I was told that this was a
known problem with the software and possibly could be traced to the AGC
circuit.  They knew about it and were working on it.  I just wondered if
others had had this similar experience?  They indicated I would have no
problem with AFSK, but I prefer FSK. I really would liked to have known this
issue before I bought it.

73,

Gary K4VIG