Re: [TenTec] EAGLE

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] EAGLE
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:38:30 -0400
I think TT did exactly what it set out to do, when they say they
intended to slide the new model into the lineup without overriding or
crowding any of their other rigs.   I compared the entire Eagle feature
set against the Omni VII feature set.  I can see why a guy might buy an
Eagle for his station, and I can also see why I have no reason to
replace my Omni VII with an Eagle.  I am still happy with my purchase,
and I can see why Eagle owners are happy with their purchase.

Before you sell the Jupiter short, compare ALL the features for each rig
and I suspect you will see reasons to favor the Jupiter over the Eagle,
as well as reasons to favor the Eagle over the Jupiter.  It too some
time, but it was
really worth the effort.  Not to say anything negative about the Eagle,
but it surely does not surpass the Omni VII on all counts, and where it
does, the Omni VII is very close.  On some factors, the Omni VII beat
the Eagle.   I suspect you may find the same sort of overlapping
qualities on the Jupiter.

There is more to a rig than a couple of receiver specs.  Moreover, there
are features on the different rigs that are useful, but which may not
appear on the Eagle.   I doubt you have missed too many contacts because
your Jupiter has a lousy receiver section.

Just My take.

Happy Trails.