Re: [TenTec] eagle

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] eagle
From: Greg S <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:23:45 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry- as to "most easily accomplished" for checking a speedometer, I gotta
believe a GPS is more accurate, and a HECK of a lot easier, isn't it??.......

and, Mike-
I have a solution to your frets about output power: Sell  your calibrated
equipment, and run her by the seat of your pants.... if you make the contact,
you have enough power, if you don't make it, give her a bit more "foot feed"
until you either make it, or run out of "pedal". I find it funny how we all
have our own little quirks about things that bother us: I.E., I had an Omni VI,
and sold it for 2 reasons: Narrow recieve audio on SSB (SOMETIMES a blessing),
and the straw that broke THIS camel's back was the drift at turn-on. Both
"issues" with the rig were amplified (no pun intended) by the Kenmore TS-850
that I had along side it, which had neither issue, (Can you say polar opposite
on receive audio??)  and was about the same age.
I decided to sell my Telewave meters, and have a cheap CB type meter in line
that shows relative forward and reverse power at the same time. Am I running 35
watts, or 70 watts out of my Corsair II??? I don't know.... nor do I care.
Hope it helps ease the sting a little. (I couldn't take the sting of it- I sold
the Omni VI. I had it alongside the Kenmore for around a year, and NEVER, under
any condition, was I able to copy a station on one rig, and not the other.)

73- Greg Schippers, KC8HXO

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    - Benjamin Franklin