Re: [TenTec] Corsair II U10 Problems

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II U10 Problems
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:00:51 -0500
Bob,
     The AADE display will not work without modifications.  The problem
comes the way Ten Tec did the HFO/PTO mixing scheme.  On some bands the 9MHz
IF frequency is subtracted from the HFO/PTO mix to get the correct frequency
display.  On other bands, 9MHz is added to the HFO/PTO mix to get the
correct frequency display.  Also, you need to know which sideband you are on
to correct for the 3KHz difference in the sideband frequencies.  All this
logic is accomplished by the display logic board and the U10 chip.  However,
AADE is the company I have been working with to develop the new display.
Neil has a prototype and I will try it out this week.  I'll let everyone
know how well it works.
Jerry W5JH