[TenTec] New TenTec Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New TenTec Eagle
From: Jose F Ballester <jfballester@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 00:39:10 -0400
Hi all,

Received a brand new Eagle yesterday and have been trying it out and comparing
it with my Icom 756 Pro.   Better receive, less noise but hear the digital
noise mentioned by others only at settings of AF level past the 4 o'clock
position.   (This may have to be addressed by TenTec)   May need a compressor
for transmit or the ALC intrudes before it's needed - is there an adjustment
for this?.   Changing bandwidth by just turning a pot has to be experienced;
great job TenTec.   "S" meter just so-so.   NR may need more refinement but
overall receive without having to use it is just super.   Without activating NR
it's much quieter than my Icom with NR on at any setting and the quality of the
signal is just much better.  Intelligibility much better.   Waiting to receive
the Noise Blanker which for the type of impulse noise in my QTH the one on the
Icom works wonderfully well.

73 de Pepe WP3HW