Re: [TenTec] Using Ten-Tec Dynamic mics with Omni VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Ten-Tec Dynamic mics with Omni VI+
From: Jose F Ballester <jfballester@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:29:45 -0400
I use both on an Eagle.   Apply full gain and speak with a full voice; and
close to the mic.

Pepe, WP3HW

On Jun 20, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Speer, Doug wrote:

My main day to day station these days is an Orion II.  When on SSB I use either
a Ten-Tec model 708 desk mic or more often a Ten-Tec Pro-777 head set.  My Omni
VI+ is now my back up rig and my main Field Day radio.  I was checking out the
Omni this weekend in preparation for Field Day and wanted to run it with the
Pro-777 head set.  I found that the 777 head set and the 708 desk mic do not
drive the Omni anywhere close to what the original Omni Model 705 Electret mic.
 With the 705 mic I run the mic gain at around the 12 O'Clock position and it
will trip the VOX reliably with VOX gain set at 5.  The other two mics require
running the mic gain full up and with the VOX gain set 15 (maximum) will not
reliably trip the VOX.

Is anyone out there running an Omni VI+ with the newer Ten-Tec desk dymanic
mics or headsets?  Any tricks or tips?

Doug, W9PN

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.