Re: [TenTec] power went out

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] power went out
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:18:22 -0400
Hi Jim.     Your point is well taken, ... but
I AM NOT THE GUY WITH THE AMP PROBLEM... so I won't be digging
into any amplifiers this week.

I know how to check a fuse.  My question was only about how one uses a
VOM type meter to do it.

Don't worry, I won't be digging into MY amp any time soon !    I figure
there are two kinds of people in the world... people who learn from
others' mistakes... and then... there are the others.  I ask questions
to stay in the first category as much as I can !     ;-)

I am having fun building building kits and building antennas as a start
toward doing bigger projects.    I started out with a couple of code
oscillators,  then tried some TenTec receiver kits,  and an Australian
antenna analyzer kit,  and several  Time-Delay-Of-Arrival  (TDOA) fox
hunting antenna kits along with some  PIC based fox hinting remote radio
controllers.  I have fixed the finals stage in an FT-2800 all by myself.
   So, I am coming along, and every day is another learning day.  I won
a VOM at Dayton by building the kit that tested best in the group at the
FDIM convention...  and now I am learning what it can do for me.

I used to charge $3 a minute for my advice... I get yours for free !  I
think I am way ahead on this transaction !

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THAT I LEARN FROM THE GROUP.

Happy Trails.