Re: [TenTec] power went out

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] power went out
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:13:45 -0400
On 8/21/2011 11:41 PM, John Peters wrote:
>  There is No stupid question........ But don't keep asking the same
>  one..... The answers you received have a lot of safety in them and
>  people are trying to see you not get injured.....and I also say
>  please don't start on a Amp alone......
>
>  On Aug 21, 2011, at 1:35 AM, Richards wrote:
>
> > OK... rookie question... how do you do that? Is it just a
> > continuity check, or are you doing something else ? If something
> > else, could you please explain what settings I need on my little
> > meter? I am slowly learning what all these things do.

Sheesh! This thread is turning into a tempest in a teapot.

Possibly the wording of a response or two could have been interpreted as
being a little rude...or possibly not. However, the *facts* remain:

By the questions asked by the OP, he is a beginner in electronics. This
is OK -- we were all beginners at one time.

But, the absolute bottom line is that a beginner should NOT be working
on an amplifier. A friend of mine from the university ham club had built
several amplifiers (not a beginner) and yet was found dead on the floor,
electrocuted by his latest creation.

Amplifiers are H-A-Z-A-R-D-O-U-S!!!! Not for beginners. Period!