Re: [TenTec] OII VOX settings

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OII VOX settings
From: Natan Huffman <natan1945@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:58:27 -0400
John,

I use the same radio and headset as you do.  The "VOX" settings I use are:

VOX Trip level  7%
ANTI-VOX Level is 20%
VOXHang is 0.40 sec.

However, those are tailored for CW since I use a foot switch for the little
voice operation I do.  I suspect the type of cartridge used affects the
settings too.  My numbers are for a HC-5 unit.  Heil now makes three
elements for the headset so if you are using anything other than the HC-5,
the numbers might be off a bit, however, the numbers I gave you should get
you close.

Good Luck,

Natan W6XR/2
Freeville, NY