Re: [TenTec] Broadcast Interference Fix for the Corsair II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Broadcast Interference Fix for the Corsair II
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:39:48 -0400
I had strong broadcast interference years ago. There were both harmonics and
intermodulation from several local AM stations.

After a lot of head scratching, we found that my tower's guy wires were not
making good contact with the tower. The guy wires were terminated at the
tower end with strain-relief devices which hooked over the tower legs. The
oxidation between those joints (six in all) were causing the mixing.
Cleaning up the tower legs and then electrically binding the guy wires to
the tower with copper braid completely eliminated the trouble.

For what it may be worth.

73 and good luck, Mike  - N4NT -