Re: [TenTec] Reset on Omni V.9 with display troubles

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reset on Omni V.9 with display troubles
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:48:17 -0500
Ever since I bought my Omni V.9, it had an intermittent frequency
display.  It would quit working, and then I would take the covers off
and wiggle the connections, clean them and generally, I could get it
working right again for a while.  Earlier this year, it finally went
from intermittent to not working at all, and so I pulled the board, and
thinking that I might have a crystallized solder joint somewhere in it,
carefully resoldered the entire display driver board.  It still didn't
work.  So, I sent the board and eventually the entire radio back to the
factory for repair.  It came back with another display driver board, but
it seems that the two digits from the far right of the display come up
on the left side of the display when the radio is powered up.  If I turn
the radio off, and then turn it on while pushing in the red reset button
on the right side of the radio, it generally goes to 14 MHz, and
everything is fine until I shut it down and start it up again.

Does anyone here have any idea of what might be causing this?  If so, is
there any reasonably easy fix for this problem?

Steve WA9JML