[TenTec] Anyone think of building a module for a scout

Subject: [TenTec] Anyone think of building a module for a scout
From: Chad Lovelace <kj4vyi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:31:28 -0500
Was thinking the other day while scanning the 10 meter band could it be
possible of building a module for 2 meters or 440 for the scout or would it be
just to much to cram into the module  or the radio just not compatible or
having to realign the main rig for VHF / UHF

I had opened up the 17 meter module and there is not much to it

My envision of a 2 meter would be a module with some sort of micro controller
to do the tone board selection with one button

I can't be the only one who has thought about this and no mention on the ole
google / bing search

Chad

KJ4VYI