Re: [TenTec] Anyone think of building a module for a scout

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone think of building a module for a scout
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:48:31 -0500
Chad,
It would be a lot to fit in the module.  The module contains the LO
(fixed oscillator crystal for band) , and the final tuning components.
I don't think you could build a transverter into that small space.  TT
did build a kit transverter for 6 and one for 2 and they are larger.

What I am saying is the module has some components you need as you would
likely convert VHF to an HF band.  And that does not include the FM
modulation demodulation components needed also. FM is a higher duty
cycle than the Scout was designed for.  I don't know if the driver and
finals could handle the power.  You would need to add a fan at least.

Stuart Rohre
K5KVH