[TenTec] Connect MD2 Mic to Orion?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, orion565@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TenTec] Connect MD2 Mic to Orion?
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:39:26 -0500
I would like to connect my Elecraft MD2 desk microphone (made by Heil
with the ic electret element) to my Orion 565.

The Orion pinout -
1 - mic
2 - mic ground
3- PTT
4 - 9v
Shell - ground

The MD2 pinout -
1 - mic
2 - PTT
6 - 8v
7 - ground
8 - ground

I hooked the mic connections together Orion 1 and MD2 1.
I hooked the grounds together Orion 2 and shell, MD2 7 and 8
I hooked the Orion 9v pin 4 to the MD2 8v pin 6
I'm not using the PTT

I get no audio out of the Orion while listening to the monitor.

I checked continuity on all my connections.  I hear the audio from a
dynamic ten Tec 701 mic fine on the Orion monitor, so the Orion
connector seems to be working.  I measured the 9v on both connectors to
be sure that was hooked up.  The MD2 works fine with the K3, low gain
and bias on.

I'm stumped....

73 de K1ESE
John