Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 00:11:25 +0100
Well you're talking about one magazine, out of the past.
I'm talking about now and the future.
I'm talking about lots of magazines, going forward.

You see, I do not get CQ magazine in paper form.
I subscribe to it in the online format for just a fraction of the cost of a
paper copy sent to Europe.
It's delivered through a service called "Zinio".
So when the new issue arrived online, I clicked on "Print", chose "entire
issue", and printed to my Adobe Acrobat.
It took 3 minutes to execute and was 124 MB huge, but from the moment I
received the file until I had it in PDF form was maximum 5 minutes.

So, why should I pay extra for the paper copy, buy an expensive scanner, and
then scan all of the pages when all I need is 3 or 4 mouse clicks and 3
minutes of wait time?

I'm sold on the new media and online delivery.
I hope all magazines go to that format soon.

73
Rick, DJ0IP