[TenTec] Omni VI+/960 PS down

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+/960 PS down
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:11:06 -0500
Had something unexpected happen with my Omni VI+ & 960 power supply earlier
today.

Sequence of events:

Omni had been on for awhile listening to some PSK-31.  Worked some DX on 12,
then shut it down, followed by the 960 (had an appointment to go to).

When I went to power it back up later, turned on the 960 first.  LED blinked
a couple of times.  Omni did not power back up.  Turned everything off.  Now
the 960 does not appear to power up at all; no light on the LED, no voltage
output that I can measure.

Checked the fuse; it appears to be fine.  So my immediate guess is that
something in the PS popped to protect the fuse...  although I'm not 100%
certain, since I don't have a cable available to run the Omni from my Astron
PS (it's ordered, but won't be here for a few days.  Of course.)

Sound familiar to anyone?

73, ron w3wn