[TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds

To: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:01:57 -0500
We have had some experience with this type of situation.
We had a repeater and a cable TV system head-end (antennas,
converters, and preamps) on the top of a rocky hill here in E. KY.

The Tech who built all this buried all the wire he possibly could
under the soil to make a big blanket of wire. In 15 or twenty
years, we never had a stroke of lightning do any damage to
inside equipment.  (He actually lined all the insides of the
buildings containing the equipment in sheets of aluminum,
grounded them all together, and mounted equipment on the
aluminum.

If you have space, this solution might be worth a thought.

73,
John, K4AVX
k4avx1@windstream.net