Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] --- and balanced fed verticals

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] --- and balanced fed verticals
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:29:14 +0100
James

The powers are with us.
I found it at the top of the stack in the second drawer that I opened.

Rolf fed it with 450 Ohm Wireman window line, and used a remote automatic
ATU to match it.
Basically he took an SGC-239 and floated it by mounting it in a plastic box.
He connected the radial side of the openwire to the ground of the tuner.
The vertical side of the openwire simply connected to the asymmetrical
binding post.
He placed a 1:1 balun directly at the 50 Ohm connection, and then ran
AIRCELL5 coax (similar to LMR-240) to the hotel shack.

I don't think the online translators can do much with PDF files scanned from
magazines.
I will ask Rolf if he has a Word document of the file.
Then you can cut and paste just the bits you need.

73
Rick, DJ0IP