Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Randall Graham <rhgaeg@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:34:43 -0500 (EST)
Nice!

-----Original Message-----
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Mon, Jan 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Yes !

Sidebar --
My friends worked the CQ WW 160m DX contest on an Orion II with a dopey
ld sub-receiver, working it in stereo with the main receiver, and no
ne complained about it.   One receiver was on a huge tower loaded as a
ertical transmit-receive antenna and the sub-receiver was on a pair of
hased array steerable Beverage antennas, and the guys all thought it
as DA BOMB  (... some of these guys are K3 owners...)
Parenthetically, the other rigs on the station desk, were a TT Omni VII
nd TT Omni VI Plus ... we sometimes used Omni VII as a second receiver
- and, again, no one complained about that, either.   They were using a
T Titan amp that ran quiet and hardly got warm.   The boys in
evierville would have been proud.
The radios are mixed and controlled with a MicroHAM MK2R+ SO2R
ontroller that is both hardware and computer savvy.   Man what a setup.
 Totally instant and automatic control of both rigs, with one key and
ne set of phones, and integration with the logging software - expensive
ut very cool.
So... while the Orion II sub-receiver will be getting better... no one
omplained about the old one this past weekend.
Just My take...   Some of the guys asked me what I have at home, and I
ad fun saying I have an Omni VII and Centurion with model 715 processor.
Carl N4PY would have been proud as I explained how he set up his
oftware so I can use a TT RX-320D as a second receiver and ersatz
anadapter to tune with a mouse to a continuously updating band scope
pectrum display without having to buy a $700 panadapter.