Re: [TenTec] OT: Scopes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Scopes
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:06:05 -0800
Interesting, Steve!  Your memory is much better than mine, since I don't
even remember the name of the building-inside-a-hangar where the radar
classes were held.

My first assignment after tech school (Yokota AB Japan) had the FPN-47
and PAR systems.  I spent another few months back at Keesler learning
the solid-state replacement for the 47 and a couple of the newer
subsystems, such as the digital replacement for the IFF/SIF systems.
Got out in 1978 and chucked the whole thing.  With the transition to
solid-state and digital systems, there was little left to do as a
technician.  I think the only adjustment on one system was to set the
power supply voltage!

73 de Jim - AD6CW