Re: [TenTec] OT: Scopes

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Scopes
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:15:39 +0100
Well you can look at it all day long (hi), but if you want to measure it...

I guess my question is, what are you wanting to look at when you measure
across the plate>

Measure the amplitude with a voltmeter.
Measure the signal on the other side of the capacitor.
If you are looking for things like the ripple on the DC, then be sure your
probe and voltmeter can handle the voltage.  To be honest, if that's what
you want to do, then look for a scope with 400 or 500 volt ratings, not 250.

The safest way then would to build yourself a voltage divider with a pair of
resistors, and measure in between the resistors.  That way you can look at
the ripple without having the full voltage on your probe.

73
Rick, DJ0IP