Re: [TenTec] OMNI C Mixer or PTO problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI C Mixer or PTO problem
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:15:50 -0600
Its been at least twenty years since I sold my OMNI-C and replaced it with
the CORSAIR-II still on my operating desk. Both radios were ordered with
external VFOs but were occasionally run with out and required both a jumper
in the VFO IN and VFO OUT jacks and the accessory jack. The original
complaint symptoms sounds suspiciously like the VFO jumper being removed.
And in fact the same jumper being removed causes the same symptoms with a
CORSAIR-II. SO the first question should be is that jumper in place on the
back of the OMNI-C? Often it is missing or the new owner has overlooked
plugging it back in. If both jumpers are in place, then the next thing to do
is to look for a loose or disconnected connection between boards or sub
assemblies all the way to the digital display. I have in the past seen the
symptoms described when one connector (HFO) inside the digital display
enclosure has been unplugged.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M