Re: [TenTec] OT: O'scopes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: O'scopes
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:58:11 -0600
I would have something a big larger than those import on internet scopes.

1. if something goes wrong with a tiny plastic scope, are you going to
fix it or send it back to China?

2. The meter scopes like Fluke and some lower cost copies are more
accurate and have higher frequency bandwidth than the hand full novelty
scopes.

Brands like Rigol, Fluke, B&K, Leader and the import portables have
enough of a history in USA market that you can get service if need be.

There were some very tiny Tektronix scopes. I know of one in our lab,
but another area.  Will post its model for those needing a smaller scope
than desk top portables.

-Stuart
K5KVH