Re: [TenTec] mobil

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mobil
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:19:01 -0800
On 3/5/2012 9:55 AM, Rodney wrote:
> Is ten tec making a mobil rig  with a removal head. if so I will get rid of
> my Jap rig

You might want to visit the Elecraft website and look at the KX3.  It's
a QRP rig (10W, I think) that is the size of the control head of the
el-cheapo rice boxes, but with quality and performance comparable to an
Omni 6.  Elecraft has announced a 100W amp and tuner to go with it.
Last I heard the KX3 is listed at about $900. A dozen or more
pre-production units have been in the hands of beta testers for several
weeks, and production units are due to ship within a month or so.  If
you already own a decent amp you could use it with the KX3. 10W drive to
a Herc II will typically get you 200W or so.

73, Jim K9YC