Re: [TenTec] mobil

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] mobil
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:43:25 -0800
On 3/5/2012 2:08 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> since I would include contesting in my personal definition of
> all-around mobile use, I would have to strike the 706 from the short list.
> The RX in the FT-900 or TS-480 are head and shoulders better than that of
> the 706.

I agree, Rick.  Several of the Elecraft beta testers are serious
contesters (WRTC contestants K6XX, N6XI, and N6TV among them). I
recently saw an email from one of them, N6XI, who had a KX3 on the air
for ARRL DX CW. It wasn't a serious effort partly because he was time
limited, but he said the RX held up quite well. His regular rigs are
K3s, so he's used to good receivers.

73, Jim K9YC