Re: [TenTec] Problem finding a better Mic

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem finding a better Mic
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:48:05 -0700
On 3/22/2012 9:34 PM, Richards wrote:
> Heil is a great marketer of average to substandard gear in my experience.

I would leave out "substandard," but I otherwise agree completely.. The
quality of their products is VASTLY over-rated -- Bob Heil is a great
SALESMAN, and his company buys a lot of advertising space in CQ and
QST.  For any of their products there are mainstream audio products that
are generally of far better quality and cost a LOT less money.  The
issue is NOT "American made" -- almost nothing is now, even by most of
the big name companies we think of as American.

73, Jim K9YC