Re: [TenTec] USB to Serial adapter.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] USB to Serial adapter.
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 00:18:51 -0400
I gave up on USB-Serial ports.

I purchased a 4-port Serial Port add-on card - which gives me 4 old
fashioned serial com ports on a PCI-express card.   Works swell.   Just
like having 4 good old serial ports.

                        Best $14 I have spent this year.

Otherwise, some guys like USB-serial adapters with an FTDI chip.   I
don't, but they seem to work better than those with Prolific chips.

I purchased a cheap $5 USB-Serial adapter on eBay and it works swell.

Good luck.