Re: [TenTec] Top receivers

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Top receivers
From: "Walt Amos" <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 17:13:41 -0400
Wonder what that new TS-990 on the back of QST will cost, $10 grand like the
big Yeasu rigs? My Orion 2 is the most expensive rig in my shack, and there
are 25 of them, and I agonized for years before parting with that much
retirement money.

I put a separate filament transformer into my HQ-170, when I had it years
ago, for the mixer and oscillator tube if I remember right. Those were the
days when they touted some kind of heating element in the bottom of your rig
to keep it from mildewing and drifting.

What is " negative and negative " got me flummoxed with that one! I haven't
used a mike on the low bands in many years.

Walt K8CV