Re: [TenTec] Repair of Omni VI which had been transmitted into

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Repair of Omni VI which had been transmitted into
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:07:02 -0400
I once silenced my Omni VII's receiver...  I foolishly hot plugged an
active receive-only antenna into the receive-only jack on the rig, and
fried a couple of diodes - which were an easy diagnosis and fix for the
TT repair dept.   I felt pretty stupid as I always kill power to
everything before connecting anything to the rig - well... always except
that day.

It is always much harder to take when it is a self-inflicted wound.

But... maybe ... (I am no expert) ... the same sort of diodes blew and
protected the rest of the receiver.  This is likely one of the easier
things to test on your own.

Anyway... just a suggestion that might be an easy think to check.