Re: [TenTec] Strange FD RFI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Strange FD RFI
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:28:44 -0500
Kim,

"Hindsight" here - the definitive answer would have probably come if you could
have briefly switched the '1000D over to a dummy load. That might help
determine if the issue came from the RF or the PS/AC distribution side. (Bear
in mind that both HF RF and power supply switching hash frequencies can
propagate via an AC power system, as BPL and the new "smart meter" systems
prove.)

The other thing that would have been interesting to try would have been to put
the Corcom filter on the '1000D instead of your rig to see if that made any
difference.

73, Al