Re: [TenTec] My first Ten Tec

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My first Ten Tec
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:57:42 -0400
Well,  I haven't seen any mention of this one. but my first TenTec was a
borrowed Argonaut.   Having been inoculated, when I found a TT TX-100
transmitter in a ham store in southeastern Pennsylvania, I had to have
it.  In fact I still do,  After a few attempts to use my AR-3 as a ham
receiver, I went through several receivers before buying a Drake 2-b
from a local ham who had more than he needed. This pair served me well
until my general license was obtained.  The TX-100 is now matched with a
RX-10 receiver and and finally last year, a model 200 VFO. I have used
them as a team twice and twice have blown out the dual gate mosfet used
as a mixer in the RX-10.  I promise to never again attempt to use the
internal antenna switching between the RX-10 and the TX-200. That 100
watts seems not be be desired by the mosfet mixer in the RX-10

(As an aside, if anyone has a 40604 or maybe even a 40673 that is
surplus to their needs, Let me know )

The pair sit unpowered but seemly happy above my Jupiter.

John / WA1JG