[TenTec] Paragon Problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Problem
From: Ben Hall <kd5byb@kd5byb.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:53:11 -0500
Good afternoon all,

I've got a Ten-Tec Paragon (with matching 962 power supply) that is
having a problem and I'm hoping there is an easy fix that doesn't
require a trip back to the factory for repair.

Here's what happens - when I turn it out, all of the LED indicators
light up for a split second and then it turns off.  The power LED on the
power supply goes off at the same time.

I disconnected the power supply, jumpered the two center pins, and its
putting out a nice 13.80 volts.  Even under a 15 amp load (the highest
my electronic load will do!) its still putting out 13.3 volts.

Depressing the reset button does nothing.

Thoughts?

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb