Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets very odd

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets very odd
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:21:15 -0400
Point taken... I did not intend to suggest your said otherwise !   ;-)

I apply it with a swab if possible... but I have
some friends who just flood the thing and have to wipe the
excess up for weeks afterwards.  I am luck that I learned about it from
a bunch of SWLs who were serious about radios and advised against using
a lot at a time.

And... I just cringe when I see or hear about somebody using WD-40 as
contact cleaner or lubricant ... as I believe it first dries, then gets
gunky and thick, and finally caramelizes and lacquers over the contact,
making it even more difficult to use, and is a bear to reverse.

My wife's grandfather once sprayed WD-40  on the guts of a big
grandfather's clock mechanism ...  which promptly stopped working.
Curiously, however, it resumed working spontaneously about 10 years
later... apparently after the WD-40 had dripped, dried, evaporated - or
other wise became mitigated - over time - it just started working one
day and still works today.   I guess that is one way to stop a clock...

Yeah... use sparingly...   a little dab'll do ya.   I figure I can
always ad more, but it is hard to add less after you do it...

     ;-)