Re: [TenTec] Burnishing tool?

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Burnishing tool?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:24:31 -0400
ER...that brings back memories.

I have what is called a "Pink Pet" ... I thought it was equivalent to
the old "Pink Pearl"  erasers my pop used as a a CPA so many years ago.

But, now y'all got me worried.

I just looked, and the "ink eraser" I mentioned is made of pliable soft
"rubber"  manufactured by Helix and purchased at the local
Office-Staples-Depot-Max, and may not be a true "ink eraser" after all,
but still, Bob's point remains - it may not be the best tool for the
job.  Who knows what it is really made of?  It all seemed so simple
until now!

This is what it really is:

     http://www.helix.co.uk/product.php/492/197/hi-tech-eraser

I am a real fan of using the right tool for the job, so this is a
material inquiry for me as I am building more and more kits as I go
along.   In fact, I am kinda bursting with pride because some guy
offered me $75 for my the little microphone attenuator and adapter
project I invented.  While tempting, I would not let him do that, as it
IS amateur radio, but it IS flattering nonetheless.

Thanks for the uptake guys.

On 7/15/2012 4:13 PM, Al Gulseth wrote:

> I thought the "eraser" method for cleaning edge contacts was to use a "Pink
> Pearl", which is a soft rubber compound and won't erase ink (at least not
> very well.) I'm inclined to agree that an ink eraser with its added chemicals
> intended to deteriorate ink would probably also "deteriorate" contacts.

..