Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets odd

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets odd
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:53:30 -0400
Back in the days when pc's were first out and I was
doing a little such work, the first thing I'd ask a user
with a dead pc was "Did you slap it?!"
In spite of the strange looks, a slap, in effect, was what a
lot of them needed, after they had been used for
a while, and some of the many  boards in the slots
had worked loose or the fingers had lost contact.

If the slap didn't work, opening the case and wiggling
the board usually would.   Seems this kind of problem
can  happen in the older TenTecs with many separate
boards.  Hmmm, maybe this beats one big board, or
two, when  something goes wrong.

John
K4AVX