[TenTec] Fw: [Ten-Tec-Omni-VII] Re: Omni VII & HRD Connection Fails

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: [Ten-Tec-Omni-VII] Re: Omni VII & HRD Connection Fails
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:23:59 -0500
>From posts and private e-mails, I see that others are having some issues with
>HRD as well.  Here's my findings and work and results.  Operating system is
>Windows XP with SP3 running on a AMD1400 processor.  Not a speedster by any
>measurement today.

Using the Window SEARCH application, it found and I deleted all of the related
HRD and Ham Radio Deluxe files, directories and etc.  Even emptied the TRASH
just to be sure.  Then did a RESTART of the computer.   Went to the HRD website
and started with a new & fresh download of the current release.   Once
completed and installed, everything seems to work.

Somewhere there was either a corrupt file(s) or missing file(s).   Darn if I
could find nor figure out what and where.  Finally the approach, just flush the
entire application and start over.   Then implemented the configuration for the
Omni VII and then the Eagle and then 712 USB Soundcard interface.  That works!
 FYI - I do use a true RS-232 communications cable between the radio and the
computer.  Radio is operated in the normal or RADIO mode.

Of course any other data, logs and such were dumped in the process,  but hey,
that is no big deal.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  Some days I just need a mental adjustment.

73
Bob, K4TAX