Re: [TenTec] Older rigs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Older rigs
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:46:23 -0500
Bob,

Point (2) is well taken. Back in the days of "vinyl" when I worked in small
market radio I could hear when a stylus was getting "edgy" (chipped or worn);
it had the same effect on me as a chalkboard screech. Thus I question how
much real advantage there is in most normal situations (especially since I'm
not a contester or serious DXer) of digital manipulation and its associated
artifacts versus the (at least to me) much easier to listen to audio of a
purely analog chain.

But then again, some folks might not even notice the difference (or at least
it might not bother them like it does me.) Guess this is one of
those "different strokes for different folks" HI HI!!

73, Al