Re: [TenTec] new amp

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new amp
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:26:01 -0400
Bingo !   Yes... there IS a brand loyalty branch on my decision tree.  I
would much prefer to buy one from TT.   I have nothing against the other
team, but I would PREFER to buy one from TenTec.

I have, in fact, seriously considered the KPA-500 - FOR USE WITH MY
TS-590S - and not  my Omni VII, mostly because my Centurion amp is so
blamed GOOD and easy to run.   Thus, while I have no reason to buy
another amp   (Bob K4TAX expressed this thought better than I can
earlier...)  other than would be fun to have two amps in the shack.

So, maybe I am a TT "groupie" after all ... but, well, shoot, I really
would like TT to produce a small, light weight, state of the art, solid
state amp that runs on 110v AC, and is the same size as the rig....
perhaps a Model 418 writ large.

I like the looks of the new little amp, and I agree Stan did a fine job
with the video - he makes a good presentation.   I miss Scott's nervous,
excited presentations on "TenTec TV,"  because I like him,  and can feel
his enthusiasm,  but Stan makes a better "commercial."

ALSO - the best part is that TenTec seems to have scooped the rest of
the market, and is FIRST to produce this type of amp  (I think.)